Current Job Vacancies at Home Orchard
We currently have part-time and full-time Care Enabler positions available.
Home Orchard specialises in Residential Care for Adults with a Learning Disability. As a Care Enabler you will support people to live individual, fulfilling and active lives by promoting choice, independence and dignity.
We are Centered around a small farm, activities include: caring for animals; horse and carriage riding; cycling; fishing; sport and music groups; woodwork; swimming; gardening, life skills and many more. Outings are arranged to local adventure parks, the seaside, the cinema or theatre and other places of interest on request or as part of individual timetables.
We provide full training so even if you are new to adult social care and would like to make a difference to people’s lives, we welcome your application.
- Extra 1 weeks’ annual leave after 5 years continuous service;
- Opportunity to build 1 week Time Off in Lieu per year in addition to annual holiday entitlement;
- Competitive rates of pay and opportunity to increase this through fully funded training and development;
- Support to work towards your career goals;
- Free meals when working over a mealtime;
- Homely and non-purpose-built care homes;
- Free counselling service – 24-hour helpline;
- Fully paid induction and DBS;
- Bonus on completion of induction;
- Refer a friend bonus;
- Permanent contract of employment.
Applicants will need to demonstrate that they are:
- Committed to promoting choice, independence, privacy and dignity;
- Committed to providing opportunities for people to engage with the wider community;
- Dedicated to improving people’s well-being, self-esteem and sense of self-worth;
- Passionate about the benefits of living a fulfilling outdoor life;
- Enthusiastic about making a difference to peoples’ lives;
- Committed to helping people to achieve their goals and aspirations;
- Have the ability to use initiative, think positively, work as part of a team, embrace change;
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways.
- Rota system to include some evenings and alternate weekends
- Sleep in shifts offered but not compulsory
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,344.00-£20,800.00 per year
Please be aware that Home Orchard is Care Quality Commission registered care home. It will therefore be subject to the recently announced change to the law that will require all workers to be Covid -19 vaccinated unless an exemption applies.